Saturday, March 25, 2006

Happiness is a box from Sephora!

The people who know me know that I am not the epitome of femininity.  I do not exude woman-hood by any stretch of the imagination.   Be it because I am really small, or because I have non existent man-lips, or maybe it is because during my formidable years I was raised primarily by my father who was simply clueless as to what it took to raise a female.  Maybe it’s because my skin is so sensitive that I have a reaction to anything I put on it that isn’t just plain ol’ Irish Spring.  I don’t know.  Could just be the way I was born.  I could have had Princess Diana as my guide to womanhood and still not taken to the whole song and dance of makeup, heals and accessorizing.   

 

Even with all that being true, there are still some things about me that are undoubtedly female:  I love my pedicures, I would never wear a t-shirt for anything other than working out or mowing my lawn, I have grown to believe that Nordstroms is THE only place to shop for shoes and of course, I love getting a box o’goddies from Sephora.  Now I know for someone like me, who claims to be one of the most unfeminine heterosexual females on the planet, to love getting a box in the mail from Sephora , (only one of the most female stores out there today), is so contradictory that one may feel I am mistaken about who I truly am.  Believe me, I am not.  You see, I am a feminine wannabe. I would love to be one of those women who wear makeup every day, have a great tan, change purses with every outift and wears bracelets and necklaes.  But I am not.  I just don't have it in me.  

 

However, Sephora is one of my exceptions.  When I lived back in South Florida, we had Sephora stores and I would always go there.  The home of the Grapeseed body wash, MAC makeup, and every perfume, shower gel, hair product and stuff that just smells good, that you can imagine.  Here in Bossier City, no Sephora.  So I go online to buy my goodies.  It really is just as good as going into the store itself, with the exception that you can’t smell any of the good stuff.   What’s even better is that you get all kinds of little samples of stuff along with your order that you can try out. 

 

I pulled into my driveway yesterday when I got home from work and saw that snazzy black and white box on my doorstep and I found myself dancing in my driver’s seat!  Woo hoo! My Sephora stuff arrived!  I just love the way the stuff is wrapped all pretty-like!  I am like a kid in a candy store.  You buy one or two items and your box has like five things in it!  It’s always great to get it on a Friday too I’ll tell ya, because I get to try everything out, and, no doubt, have time to clear up from the allergic reaction I am sure to get from at least some of the stuff before I have to go back to work on Monday.  Sometimes, like this time, I don’t have an allergic reaction to ANY of it! Of course, I have only tried two things so far.   In this box there is a sample of lip-plumping serum.  I am going to try that one out tonight.  I hope 24 hours is enough time for the swelling to go down if needbe…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lis....
Its been awhile...too long actually. I guess I have been way too wrapped up in my San Antonio life because I just spent the last 45 minutes catching up on all your blogs! I laughed my ass off! And I'm craving an ET, lightly toasted with lox and cream cheese more than ever! People in TX think I'm crazy for eating fish on a bagel...duh...its bread!
Can you believe 2 yrs have passed since you and I met on the day of my officer interview??? I can't believe I'm looking at Capt in just 16 months...doesn't seem possible. However, a PCS doesn't seem to be quite that close. I am a POW (Prisoner of Wilford [Hall]) for at least one more year, and if they can keep me...2 more.
Do u still have my #? Is your 954 # still active? If so, call me or I'll call you. Just let me know when is a good time for you. I'm on nights (since July actually), so I never sleep normal hours.

Regina

Anonymous said...

The thought of you sitting in your living room with puffy swollen lips just cracks me up for some reason.

Hey - if that makes you happy, well, I guess there are stranger people out there. I'm not sure I know any, but I'm sure they're out there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Regina!  Good to hear from you again.  I sent you an email to your hotmail address.  I hope it's still good.  If it's not, let me know! ~Ilisa