Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Suggestion for restaurants...

Those who know me know that I have an aversion to disruptive children. What a parent may tune out, the rest of the world is still subjected to and I think it is important to never lose sight of basic consideration for others in public places like restaurants. Becoming a parent does not exempt you from this basic rule of etiquette. While I understand that there are some children that are very well behaved in restaurants, (these are the ones you don't even know are there), there are also way too many who's parents should know better. And judging from the restaurant we are dining in should be able to afford a sitter for the night.

So since it is not reasonable for me to hope that a law banning children from restaurants (other than perhaps fast food types), will soon be passed, I have a different proposal for the restaurant industry. Now that the majority of states have banned smoking in all restaurants, the host/hostess no longer has to ask a patron "Would you prefer smoking or non-smoking?", so how about they replace it with the question "Children or no children"? and have a separate section specifically for families with children! See?? Everyone wins!

Far be it for me to complain without presenting an alternative solution.

1 comment:

DrChako said...

Even now, when we go out with the kids, we are often seated in a section out of the way. Just in case. I don't think there is a restaurant big enough to deaden the screams of an angry child.

Of course, MY kids are angels. :-)

-Yur brudder