Saturday, October 18, 2008

If I died, what would I want people to remember about me?

This was kind of fun to write. Not nearly as morbid as I thought. Or maybe it is and I am just wierd. Anyway, here it is:

I would want people to remember how happy I was. I would want people to think of me as someone who lived life and enjoyed life. I hope that people would speak about me and not ever be afraid to bring up my name in conversation. It's good to remember people you liked and it's enjoyable to talk about them. It helps to keep their memory alive.

I hope that when people speak about me the sentence always starts with a laugh and something like..."...Ilisa always did this thing that was so funny..."

I want people to smile when they think about me. Hell I hope there are memories of me that make people laugh out loud on a regular basis. Perhaps it'd be ok if people shed a tear or two because they miss me, even if it's several years after I am gone. It's humbling to be thought that highly of.

I want people to remember how much I loved Halloween no matter how old I got. I want people to think of me and smile every time they see anything related to Snoopy.

If GOD FORBID i was to die young those around me would have to put their own feelings aside and remember that I would want to donate my organs. Also I truly hope that they would remember that I felt very strongly that quality of life is WAY more important than quantity of life.

I hope people remember me with respect. I hope people remember me as a good person. Perhaps someone they'd be proud to have their children emulate when they become adults. I hope people remember my work ethic and never as someone who was lazy, apathetic, or disingenuous. I hope people remember me as honest, trustworthy and generous.

Mostly I hope that the people I loved never had to question how much I loved them.

1 comment:

DrChako said...

People will remember you as the one who bought Sonic burgers for her dog.

-The Brother