Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Missing him...


Anyone who knows me knows me as a satisfied single woman. Never have I felt the need to be in a relationship. Never had the desire to get married. Very content at the life I have created for myself. Never lonely. My own best friend. Fast forward to three months ago...


Met me a man. A good man. A charming man. A man who flew in under my obviously malfunctioning radar. Sneaky, this one is too! His name is Eric. We were just friends. Developing a good solid friendship. Then he turned the tables on my unsuspecting self and kissed me. He very quickly went from being only my friend, to being my sweetheart. Fast forward to yesterday...


My sweetie left for deployment yesterday. I am experiencing emotions I have never felt. I found myself getting teary eyed several days prior to his leaving. I was teary because I knew I would miss him. I was teary because I was afraid of missing him. I was teary because I knew I would worry about him. There are very few people that I know who I would have to worry about less than my Eric. He's very good at what he does and I know I don't need to worry, but the common sense that comes with knowing that has been overridden by this new emotion I am experiencing. One that doesn't allow you to separate the fact that your sweetie is good at what he does and the fact that he is your sweetie and THAT is why you worry.


I gave my sweetheart a hug and a kiss goodbye, got in my car, and drove away. My head was spinning as I headed off base. And not in a good way. It was a rough first night. It's a rough first day. But I am already looking forward to sending him care packages and kisses though the mail.

No comments: