Tuesday, January 4, 2005

getting settled in

I have been here in Bossier City, Louisiana for almost a month now.  I miss my classmates and the new friends I met while at COT and HSA, but I am begining to feel settled here in Louisiana. 

I am in my new house, and I really do like it.  It's big, and bright, and I just had tile put in, so now it is just about perfect.  I have a garage which is a nice treat.  Especially since it seems to rain here an awful lot, and I don't like to get wet getting out of my car.  The weather here is, at the very least, wierd.   Get this...two days before Christmas it snowed and got down to 17 degrees for like a week, and this whole week it has been in the 70's.  But on Thursday it's supposed to get back down into the 40's again.  But, on a bright note...I have a FIREPLACE!  Gotta love that.

Work is going well, I am not finished inprocessing yet, but that is mostly because we had the last two weeks of the year filled with holidays and folks out of the office.  So I ended up being scheduled for inprocessing items this week instead of last year.   I am working in Facilities/Logistics at the moment, but as I have learned, that could change in the near future.  I am unsure what the plan is, but I am sure they will let me know, and I suppose, although I am happy where I am right now, that I will have to go to the section they tell me to.

My father and his girfriend are driving out here this coming Friday from Floirda and will be staying with me in my new house for a week.  I am very excited about them coming.  We will go exploring around together and find some new restruants to try, I am sure. 

Anyhoo, I am going to go for a run now.  It's beautiful for going for a run in this area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ilisa, I really enjoy reading your journal. You're very articulate and display an enjoyable sense of humor which is fun to read. My grandfather served in the Air Force (my personal branch of choice) and my boyfriend just joined the Army last year so I appreciated having an inside window to how things can be in the different branches. Keep it up! I was surprised and gratified to find new entries when I checked this time.

Friends,
Leia