Wednesday, July 7, 2004

No turning back now!

My last day at Bank of America was today. How completely surreal and exciting!  I shed no tears.  Not because I was bitter or anything, I am just content and confident in my decision.  Today a door closed on a chapter of my life where I learned a tremendous amount.  No doubt I will carry those lessons through the open door that stands in front of me, and I will be a more successful person as I take this journey.

It was really a great 'last day'.  Other than the typical cleaning out of the desk that I was obligated to do (and, quite honestly, had started working on weeks before), myself, my boss, and 6 other co-workers took me out to lunch at Hooters.  It's a long story.  Hooters has just been sort of a tradition among those of us at the site, even though I am female.  Gotta tell ya though, lots of good looking men go to Hooters during lunch, and there are many more men to look at than large-breasted women (ladies, are you listening?).  After we got back to the office, the rest of the folks had a going away party for me and gave me an ice-cream cake from Carvel (my favorite!  LOVE those chocolate crunchies in the middle layer!), and a Sworvski crystal as a good-bye present.  It was all really very nice, and I walked out with my head held high while three of my co-workers stood outside and saluted me as I drove away.  It was a hoot.

So today was my first day of freedom and what better way to spend it than in Jury Duty.  LOL. I swear that is how I spent the first half of my day.  I didn't get picked, but it was my first time ever being called to jury duty and I found the whole thing very exiting.  Especially with the law school thing.  I felt sad that I wasn't still in law school.  But that feeling didn't put a damper on the exictement that I found in the whole process.

Tomorrow, my second day o' freedom will be spent much more productively.  I will be driving up to Patrick AFB to pick up my newly altered uniforms, and from there I will be driving to NY!  WOO HOO! 

 

 

No comments: