Saturday, July 3, 2004

Excitement, anticipation, nerves...

Today is July 3rd.  Which means tomorrow is July 4th.  I love July 4th.   I live in South Florida, and I happen to be in a very small town that has one of the best fireworks displays I have ever seen.  And what's even better is that I can see them right from my father's patio, so no crowds, mosquito's or annoying drunk people to ruin eveyone's fun.   I love the 4th of July.   

Of course, I have in my mind that this is going to be my LAST fourth of July here in south Floirda.  It's rather bittersweet.  I find that I am so excited about starting my new life in the Air Force that I don't quite know what to do with myself.  I go from being giddy, to being hesitant, to being confused, to being simply content.  My last day of work will be this coming Tuesday, and I am really looking forward to that.   But realistically, I have been going through the same routine of getting up at 5am, commuting an hour to work each morning, working all day, and commuting an hour back each night for the past six years.  Not doing that anymore will also take some getting used to.  But I have so much I have to do, like figuring out what I need to have for the next six months until I am settled into my new home.  Packing, the closing on my house, the list is endless actually.

I am going to take a road trip next week after my last day of work.  I am going to make my way up the coast and drive to NY.  Going to see a girlfriend from my childhood, and then on my way back down, I am going to stop in Charlotte and hopefully, see a friend from the company I work for now.  It will be nice to see him one last time, and to thank him for all the guidance he has provided to me over the time I have worked for the company.

Well, back to seperating out my belongings into piles of "take with" or "pack". 

No comments: