Wednesday, June 2, 2004

And so I wait...and wait...and wait...

I just loathe waiting.  I am supposed to give my notice TOMORROW, but I am at the mercy of waiting for an answer to my dreaded waiver question by my acessions officer.  Lovely.  I really wanted more than anything to be able to give my boss a face to face resignation.  Tomorrow is the only day she was planning on coming into the office for the next month.  Even worse, she will be traveling on the West coast for the next couple of weeks, and my last day of work needs to be June 18th.  If I don't give her my letter of resignation tomorrow, I wont be able to give it to her in person.  And I simply don't think that's right.  They deserve to get a resignation from me in person. 

So now the question of the day becomes, do I give my notice and risk getting a call from my accessions officer saying "sorry, things didn't work out" or do I give my notice knowing that he told me that 3 of the 4 approval channels have already been met and the likleyhood of the 4th approval coming through is very high?  OR...do I wait, and NOT give my notice so that I end up giving my notice over the phone?  Or via email?  None of the choices seem good to me.  But once again, I find my destiny lying in the hands of someone else, and a system that is not nearly as efficent as I am. 

No comments: