Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Yee ha!

I finally got notice that my waiver was approved!  I am as good as on my way to Commissioned Officer Training in Alabama.

I am going to be turning in my resignation to work tomorrow.  THAT is pretty exciting.  A bit nerve-wracking too, but exciting nonetheless.  My boss is currently on the west coast, and being on the east coast, I wont be able to tell her until after 11am EST, but that's ok.  It will give me more time to hone my speech.  

Then, of course, comes the inevitible conversation with the managers of the facility where I am now.  I will ask my boss to keep the news to herself for at least an hour while I meet with them, and the project teams I am currently on.  Be interesting to see how this is going to go.  Tomorrow ought to be a very different kind of day.   Six years.  I can't believe I am leaving my company after six years.  On the other hand, I can't believe it's taken me six years to leave my company.

No comments: