Thursday, March 21, 2013

No. But Yes.

Why is it that-- without exception--during every meeting at the point when they ‘go around the room’ to see if anyone has anything more to add, people always say “No, just…”  For example…Colonel XX says to Major XX, “Major XX, do you have any updates for the group?”  Maj XX says “No, just one thing I want to point out…” 

Really?  If you have something to say, say it.  You’ve been asked so that’s fine.  But when you’re asked if you have something to say, don’t start off with “NO” and then continue on with your hour-long tirade.  What’s wrong with saying, “Yes, I would like to say…”?  Why does EVERYONE insist on saying “NO” followed by a bunch of crap?  It’s bad enough to hear you talking about a bunch of useless information that means nothing to anyone except for you, but to hear that nanosecond of a tease in the form of “No” followed by “just…” is downright mean.

2 comments:

Maura said...

Word. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore. The dogs just butt their heads against me to ask me to pay attention to them. :-)

The Sister said...

Oh Maura, I would love to have puppy love during my days. :)