Thursday, March 21, 2013

And furthermore...

In the same vane as my previous post about 4 minutes ago, it occurs to me that this doesn't only happen in meetings or in the corporate setting.  No, sir (and I mean NO).  It happens in restaurants too!  Think about it, it's dessert time.  Waiter comes around and asks if anyone would like some dessert.  I might say "Oh, yes please!" (especially if it's a nice chocolate dish of some kind) and my dining partner will say "No, thank you.  I'll just have some of hers. Bring two spoons."  I'm sorry, what?  So what you meant to say was, in fact, "Yes, I'd like some dessert too, please."  Even if you said simply, "Yes, we'll share one", it's better than "No" followed by all the reasons why it's actually "Yes".

What makes you think I wanna share my decadent chocolate masterpiece with you anyway???  Rude.

4 comments:

Eric said...

What makes you think I want anything to do with whatever chocolate concoction you are ordering?

DrChako said...

I just want one bite!

The Sister said...

Denied.

Unknown said...

all I can hear is Joey on Friends saying "JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!!"