Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vegas

I admit that what I am about to say may not go over very well with most people. I have a business trip coming up this week to Las Vegas and I am just not looking forward to it. I know. Who in their right mind would NOT be looking forward to a business trip to Vegas?? Well, I have to say, when you're me, you'd understand.

You see, I am not a drinker (not in an on-the-wagon, in recovery sort of way, just don't enjoy alcohol), I am not into gambling, and while I enjoy good food, it is pretty much wasted on someone who only eats enough to feed a bird. If Eric were with me, at least he could finish what I don't.

I suppose I could go to a show or two. I do enjoy shows. But again, while I am completely comfortable doing things by myself, it would be much more enjoyable if, when spending that kind of money for high quality entertainment, that I was with Eric or ANYONE who I actually know and/or love.

Eric was supposed to join me on this trip. Spend time doing whatever he likes to do (since he went to high school there and still has some connections in the area) during the day and join me in the evenings when I was done doing the obligatory business-y things but work got in the way (curse that mortgage that must be paid!).

I am not one to be totally negative, though. There is, after all, one really good thing about Vegas...the SPA!!!! I guess I will just have to suffer though some really good massages while I am there. Oh...and I think there is a Tiffany's too. Perhaps I can peruse the shelves of that little treasure chest...

And just like that, I am looking forward to the trip again. Woot!

2 comments:

DrChako said...

Sorry I won't be able to make it. FWIW - There are some really terrific roller coasters out there, too!

-Yer brudder

The Sister said...

Oh I fully intend to hit up NY NY's coaster at a minimum!