Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Rest of My Life


I am engaged. A week an a half into my engagement and I am finally posting about it. It isn't that I didn't think about posting about it, but to be honest, we have just been flying on a cloud since he asked (and I said yes) that it just slipped past my usually diligent fingers. Well, that and working my tail off this week which included one 26 (yes that would be TWENTY-SIX) hour day. I suppose technically that is TWO days but hey, semantics. When no sleep is involved the days blend together.

In the past week and a half it seems like my thoughts are all about having a wedding. This is something that I never anticipated in my life. I had never even looked at wedding dresses before. And did you know they have entire magazines dedicated to nothing but brides and weddings?? So I have been trolling the Internet looking at wedding dresses, bought two magazines and was given one magazine by a wonderful coworker. I have discovered a couple of things in this wedding dress process. First of all, I have pretty consistent taste in designers (Casablanca, Alfred Angelo, Demitrios) and second, wedding gown sizes are enough to drive an otherwise sane woman to homicide. The saving grace to the second is that larger size than I have ever worn aside, a Casablanca gown looks magnificent on me. And looking at wedding dresses...holy canoli it's a LOT of fun!

I am really looking forward to having my crew here with me when I try on the final 5 contenders.

Even MORE than that I am so looking forward to spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams.