Thursday, December 22, 2005

Chick Trip!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!  Chick Trip!!!!

I am going on a vacation to Tacoma Washington and then to Las Vegas with my sister in law in about 2 weeks and I simply can't wait!  I have never been to Las Vegas, and to be totally honest, I have never even had the desire to go.  I am not a drinker, and I find nothing fun about gambling.  However, we are going to go see Cirque du Soleil (and I KNOW I destroyed the spelling of it, but oh well) and I am really looking forward to that part of it.  I have always been a fan of live theater and I have been wanting to see that show for a long time. 

Work is going great, and I am in a nice groove.  I am a little sad that my current commander is going to be retiring in about 4 months.  Ok, i am VERY sad about that.  I have had a lot of bosses since i have been in the work force, but i can count on one hand the number of really good ones that I have had.  This guy is one of the good ones. 

I must interject a thought here; As i am writing this entry, i am listening to this Deal or No Deal show on the TV, and it's sick.  Oh my, I am not even on the show, and I am sweating.  Gotta tell ya, my stomach couldn't handle a show like that.  I am just not a gambler.

I had PRK vision correction about 2 weeks ago and I am hoping that my eyesight will be better by the time i leave for my chick trip. It's probably about 20/30 right now.  I realize that the difference in immediate results between PRK and LASIK is pretty extreme, but PRK is a much better and safer procedure, and worth the extra healing time it takes to be able to see clearly again.  The procedure itself though, PRK, i mean, was quite painful.  They warned us about the level of discomfort, but man, eye pain sucks. 

I hope that those of you who are reading have a very merry Christmas and a happy Hanukkah and if you are in a place that has nova, cream cheese and bagels available, please have some for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tacoma, WA? Elsie, you're coming an hour south of me! Tacoma is a horrible representation of WA, but maybe you can get out and see some of the rest of our lovely state. You and I sound way too much alike- I went to Vegas for a hobby convention in August and had much the same thoughts. Don't drink, don't gamble, but boy some of the shows looked interesting. I've seen Cavalia which is done by the same producers and it's pretty impressive.

You'll have to let me know how the eye surgery turns out. I've pondered LASIK for years and I must not have heard about the PRK. Sounds pretty yucky though! Yikes.