Sunday, August 29, 2004

Here I am

I have been here at COT for two weeks now and I have survived.   I don't want to say it's been hell, really, but it has been a process of acclimating.  A very UN-pleasant proceess of acclimating.  But what can you do.  You take the good with the bad.  To me, bad is getting up at 0415 to do PC (workout).  I enjoy working out, but I feel somewhat less than enthusiastic about doing it at that time of day.  And I use the term "Day" very loosely.  To me 0415 is still "the night before". 

I feel my age here as well.  I never felt 34 till I got here.  Now I do.  I am very glad I have been working out on my own for the past year and a half.  I would have been in some serious trouble if I hadn't done that. 

Meanwhile, I have about 3 more weeks till graduation, and while I have moments where it feels like a prison sentence, there are other moments when I look back on the previous two weeks and say "where did it go?".  I hope these next three weeks just fly by.  That would be sweet. 

Time is limited here at COT and I will write more as time allows. 

No comments: