Thursday, May 20, 2004

And our next event...HURDDLE JUMPING!

And so it goes with the military... things can never go completely smooth.  What would the road of life be without a few bumps?  EASIER, THAT'S WHAT!  I have been working on this Officer Training deal since last August.  I have explained the detail of it all in previous entries so there is no need to go and explain it all again.  However, now there seems to be a 'snag' in some of my paperwork.  And the dreaded term, 'waiver' has been uttered.  *shudder* *shake*

While my accessions officer seems to think everything 'should' be ok, I can't help but worry a bit.  The reason for needing the waiver not being of grave importance to this entry, the stress of suddenly not knowing what the future holds IS the point.  I have been selected, I have been commissioned, I have sold my house, my stock options, and purchased over a thousand dollars in uniforms that have been altered already and can't be returned.  Now, like we are discussing the weather, I am informed of this 'snag'.  A 'snag' that could very well put the ki-bosh on my enchalada. This, my friends, is stress.   

Perhaps you will pardon me for a moment while I go meditate my blood pressure back into a safe range....  ooooohmmm   oooooohmmm. 

Thank you.

One thing is certain,  when I was told of the 'snag' I realized just how much I want this.  I have altered my mindset completely.  I have changed career directions.  Going full speed ahead...into a brick wall.  Sans airbags.

Now, I must do the hurry-up-and-wait-dance again for at least a week for some answers, and hopefully, providing the granting of the dreaded waiver, my orders.

 

No comments: