Saturday, March 27, 2004

O jambalya and the crawfish pie...

I finally recieved my official letter of congratulations on being accepted into the Air Force Medical Service as well as my first assignment base.   I am heading off to the bayou.   That's right folks, I am off to Barksdale AFB in Shreveport Louisiana.  I will be stationed there immediately following MSC school in December.   So it's Alabama for COT in August, Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, Tx for MSC school, the off to Barksdale for the remaining 2.5 years of my service commitment.   I have done some looking into the local area and the base itself, and i am encourged.  It looks promising.   The only thing so far that I have found a bit disheartening is that there is no NY and Co. in the area.   :(  At my size, when you find a clothing company that makes clothes that fit you, you tend to stick by them.   I guess I will have to drive to Dallas in order to buy my civilian clothes for awhile.  That's ok, Barksdale is only 3 hours from Dallas!  Sorry to all my friends who thought they'd be able to come stay with me during Mardi Gras, New Orleans is a good 6 hours from Shreveport.  That would be a hell of a drive each night.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you so much for posting me a comment and expressing your condolences. :) I am glad to hear that you found out where you are headed. Do you know what type of work (AFSC) you are going to do following COT? Hopefully the bases will be nice! Keep me updated! Suzanne