Friday, August 3, 2007

Annyong haseyo!

Hello from the ROK!  That's the Republic of Korea for those who aren't in-the-know.  Yes, it's been 6 months since i have written and in that time I have been transferred from Shreveport, Louisiana to Osan Air Base in South Korea.   I have been here for two months now and now that I have gotten over the shock of the move, I am happy.  The worst part of this one year assignment was having to leave my dog, Macy.  I am so fortunate and grateful that my brother and sister in law agreed to keep her for a year.  I can't wait for the day i can come home and pet her and hug her again.

I have to live in a dorm here and that is difficult.  The room is small, damp, musty, and dark.  And it's a DORM!  I am 36 years old for cryin' out loud.  Ok.  Enough bitching. 

South Korea is a beautiful, mountinous country.  It sort of reminds me of upstate NY.  It's humid here, which bothers most people here, but I like it.  It cools down in the evenings and walking around is just awesome.  I went on a hike about a month ago up Mt. Songri and visited Bupju Temple and both were just amazing!  It was a 7km hike one way, up hill.  A steep hill.  The best workout I ever had in my life for sure.  I am going to take a trip to China next month which I am very excited about.   I will bring my camera and take pictures. 

Meanwhile, the countdown until I go back to the United States continues...only 10 months to go!  Whoo hoo!

No comments: